David S. Moore
The Online Study Center helps students pinpoint where to focus their study .....[+]
The Online Study Center helps students pinpoint where to focus their study then provides all the resources they need improve comprehension of troublesome areas.
Personalized Study Plan
Students take preliminary quizzes and are directed to specific text sections and resources to review the questions they missed.
• StatTutor Tutorials tied directly to the textbook, containing videos, applets, and animations.
• Statistical Applets to help students master key concepts.
• CrunchIt! Statistical Software, accessible from any Internet location, offering the basic statistical routines covered in the introductory courses and more.
• Stats@Work Simulations put the student in the role of consultant, helping them better understand statistics within the context of real-life scenarios.
• EESEE Case Studies developed by The Ohio State University Statistics Department are timely, real examples with real data. Each is built around questions that make students think carefully about statistical issues.
• Podcast Chapter Summary provides students with a downloadable mp3 version of chapter summaries.
• Data sets are available in ASCII, Excel, JMP, Minitab, TI, SPSS, and S-Plus.
• Online Tutoring with SmarThinking is available for homework help from specially-trained, professional educators.
• Student Study Guide with Selected Solutions includes explanations of crucial concepts with step-by-step models of important statistical techniques.
• Statistical Software Manuals for TI-83/84, Minitab, Excel, JMP, and SPSS provide instruction, examples, and exercises using specific statistical software packages.
• Interactive Table Reader allows students to use statistical tables interactively to seek the information they need.
Resources (instructors only)
• Instructor’s Guide with Full Solutions with teaching suggestions, and chapter comments.
• Test Bank contains hundreds of multiple choice questions.
• Lecture PowerPoint slides offer a detailed lecture presentation for each chapter of IPS.
Go to Site